By Walter G. Ivens
Appendices: a short grammar of Saʻa and Ulawa. The Lord's prayer in twenty languages, as utilized in the diocese of Melanesia one of the islands of the South Pacific. Linguistics within the western Pacific. Melanesia and its humans. old notes about the Melanesian undertaking. Yachting in Melanesia. The Queensland exertions alternate. Santa Cruz.
Read or Download Dictionary and grammar of the language of Saʻa and Ulawa, Solomon islands PDF
Similar instruction books
The speculation of algebraic stacks emerged within the past due sixties and early seventies within the works of P. Deligne, D. Mumford, and M. Artin. The language of algebraic stacks has been used again and again on account that then, usually in reference to moduli difficulties: the expanding call for for a correct description of moduli "spaces" got here from numerous parts of arithmetic and mathematical physics.
Utilizing e-book and CDs, train your self Bengali is the path for an individual who desires to development speedy from the fundamentals to figuring out, talking and writing Bengali with self assurance. Bengali stands 6th on the earth in its variety of audio system, has the richest and such a lot constructed smooth literature in South Asia and is the nationwide language of Bangladesh and the kingdom language of West Bengal.
The main accomplished and well-known previous Norse to English Dictionary. First released in 1874, this 792 web page model contains the Addendum.
This path is specifically designed to educate the right way to learn Georgian literature. it truly is meant for newbies, and starts off through instructing the original Georgian alphabet and uncomplicated pronunciation. The analyzing and translation passages were chosen from either classical and smooth Georgian guides, and are recorded besides at the CDs.
- Teach Yourself Nepali: A Complete Course in Understanding, Speaking and Writing (Teach Yourself) (with Audio)
- Colloquial Japanese: The Complete Course for Beginners
- Breakthrough French 3
- Graded French Reader: Première Etape
- Cambridge IELTS 6 Student's Book with Answers: Examination Papers from University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations
- L'odore della notte
Additional info for Dictionary and grammar of the language of Saʻa and Ulawa, Solomon islands
Ini ha'ausuli, the disciple his master. ha'ausulinge v. , is not above teaching, instruction. maai ha'ausulinge, a lesson. ha'ausulila-(ku) gerund. ha'awa'a v. , to desecrate, to defile; ere ha'awa'a, to speak blasphemy. , v. , to dishonor. ha 'a wait eu v. , to engender strife. ha'av/ali 1. v. , to delay, to pass, of a short period of time. wali. 2. , a short time. 3. with suff. : 'oke ha'awali'eu, wait a little while for me. ha'awalinge v. , a delay. , causing the child to scream. ha'awasi v.
Ha'aakaurisi v. ha'a'apara'ini v. , to surprise, to startle. ha'aape 1. v. , to make shipwreck of. ha'aapenga'ini tr. 2. ha'aape sae, to encourage. ha'a'apu 1. v. , to make an oath. 2. v. , to put a person or thing under tabu. to forbid. ha'a'apunge v. , a vow to kill in revenge. ha'aasa ere ha'aasa, to take an oath. ha'aasa'i to stultify; ha'aasa'ie hurunge, to run to no purpose. ha'aasire'ini v. , to scare, to frighten. ha'aawala v. , to tally, to count by tens; nou ha'aawala ha'anite, how many tens have I counted?
3. , juice; mu eweewei ola. liquid. ha termination of verbal nouns: mduri, to live; mdurihe, life. haa 1. shell-money discs made from the red hinge of the oyster shell (roma); the chief places of manufacture are Langalanga in Big Malaita and Makira in San Cristoval. The Malaita shells are obtained in the Mara Masiki Channel. The discs are always strung on string and the value is proportionate to the length of the string and the smallness 'enite haa, how many of the discs, moneys? to make a haa four strings of shell discs are used, the strings are kept together by being passed through shell hapa.
Dictionary and grammar of the language of Saʻa and Ulawa, Solomon islands by Walter G. Ivens